I’ve been thinking…what can every book-lover can relate to?
This list, perhaps?
- You have a TBR pile the size of a small house, but you just can’t help yourself when it comes to buying more…
And the chances are, you go into a bookshop or look online and buy ones that weren’t even on your next-to-buy list.
- Anything can be used as a bookmark!
A receipt, a train ticket, a TV controller, an empty packet…whatever’s on hand.
- You prefer your favourite literary characters to some of the people you know in real life.
That one’s not hard.
- You totally judge a book by its cover.
Admit it, you’ve went against that famous saying at some point in your life because the book was just too beautiful to resist.
- Part of the magic about going into a book shop is the smell. And while you’re there, you dream for a smaller version in your own home.
- You’ll know that nothing beats an actual paper book.
Kindle, shmindle. Nothing will ever replace a book – they have been in existence for so long, and it is completely understandable why.
- There is a small section of books that you just know you’ll never finish, but you hate to admit it.
We’ve all been there. Some are just not for you, and that’s ok, because there are millions more… Some are out there just to defeat you – you probably have one of them in mind right now.
- If you’ve never felt like you’re experiencing a painful, emotional break-up when you reach the end of an amazing book, I envy you.
- Saying ‘just one more page’, but never actually meaning it.
I can never finish reading mid-way through – I always need to finish the chapter…but then the chapter gets too good, and I can’t leave myself on that cliff-hanger. I need to know what happens next.
- The book is almost always better than the film.
And people who aren’t book-lovers just won’t understand that!
This is just a bit of fun but let me know if you’re guilty, and comment with any other things you can think of!